1908 England was a time of change. The Victorian era, with its stultifying codes of social behaviour had come to an end, and the Edwardian era had begun. Although very socially conservative by today’s standards, Britain’s Edwardian society was undergoing a period of rapid change in what was acceptable. Only a few years before, prudish Victorians had covered the legs of their pianos with stockings for fear that the sight of a wooden furniture leg might give offence; now women were appearing in what was then sexy poses in magazines. This article examines how standards of beauty have changed over the last 100 years.
- Communist Propaganda Posters from the Cold War April 20, 2021
- The Best Proud Tuxedo Cat June 30, 2023
- Old Fashioned Watch Shop June 19, 2022
- Amazing Postcards from the Old Canadian West – 1910 December 12, 2021
- The Peacemaker – One of the First American Submarines November 9, 2021
- Blackfoot Warrior October 23, 2021